Monday, August 18, 2008

Free Food

I love getting the All You magazine from the Walmart check-out! It cost $1.97 and Walmart discounts it to $1.77. I love reading all the articles and getting some great coupons as well. There are 5 coupons on page 159. You have to buy 3 KRAFT, Nabisco, or Oscar Mayer products and you get a free product listed on each coupon. When I first saw these, I thought I would never use those, until I started seeing how people were using them on other blogs. So, I decided to go try it for myself. Other bloggers recommend using 3 packets of Kool-Aid to get each product. The Kool-Aid was $.20 a packet at my Walmart. These do count because they are a KRAFT product and they are not a single serve. Kool-Aid packets make 2 quarts and serve 8-10 people. I also looked very carefully at how much I could spend on each item and the cost was pretty good. I was able to get lower fat and bigger boxes on most of the products. The cashier said she had to get approval because she did not think I was right, but after 4 customer service managers agreed I was in the right, I got my free food! Here's how it worked!

15 packets of Kool-Aid-$3.00
98% Fat Free Oscar Mayer Bun Size Hot Dogs $2.50
24 oz. Kraft Singles- $3.48
16 oz. Kraft Light Catalina Dressing- $1.58
Wheat Thins Crackers Reduced Fat Family Size- $3.48
Crystal Lite Lemonade-$2.98

Total: $17.02
Total OOP- $3.00!!!
Total Savings- $14.02!!!
It's worth the cost of that deal for the $1.77 magazine!
I also realized when I was writing this up, that I got a 24 ounce package of cheese and the coupon said 12 oz. This was my mistake because I was looking at the total price that could be spent on each item. I had my cashier and 4 customer service managers not find my mistake or I would have gotten the right size. It was an oversight on my part and there's, I guess.

See all of the coupons in the All You August magazine here!

1 comment:

"J" said...

I think I need to get this mag?!?!?!

I've never heard of it!!!!!

Dang it! I was just at Wal-Mart last night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!